Monday, February 20, 2012

Day 10, Grow Follies Grow!

I had my CD10 ultrasound today, this one was painful! The nurse got really excited when she first looked at my right ovary because she thought the cyst that I have there was a follicle ready to go LOL! Turns out none of them are ready to go yet, I didn't expect them to be though since I always ovulate on CD19 naturally. It took her forever to find my left ovary, I was beginning to wonder if I even had one:/ lol, it turns out I just had very active bowels today that kept moving in front of my left ovary! After performing a few acrobatic tricks on the table for her she was able to see my left ovary & determine that I have 8 follicles on that side but only 1 dominate one. She didn't tell me the sizes or anything though:(    Dr. B was with another patient so she's going to call me this evening to tell me my next step.....she did say that most likely he'll have me do my trigger shot on Thursday and come in for my IUI on Saturday! However, it's also possible that he'll want me to come in for another ultrasound on Thursday to check my follicle sizes & uterine lining again. I hate to make another 4 hour roundtrip drive but it would definately make me feel better to have one more ultrasound before triggering just to be sure they're ready;) I can't believe my IUI is so close!

I just got a call from the nurse telling me that Dr. B does want me to come in for another ultrasound one Thursday, I'm praying so hard that my follicles have grown and that everything goes well! I feel like we're so close now but I'm terrified to get my hopes up because I know that there's still a chance that something could go wrong & put us out this month:(  I hate to be negative but in the almost 3 years we've been TTC, I've learned to always expect the unexpected!
All that I can do now is wait until Thursday morning to find out:)

No comments:

Post a Comment